The SnowEx® 8500 Series brings two different approaches to attacking ice. The SP-8500 efficiently spreads any combination of salt and sand, while the SP-8550 is specifically designed for higher material output for contractors who need to spread high volumes of sand in one pass.
|Empty Weight||780 lb||780 lb||780 lb|
SnowEx V-box spreaders feature a unique independent spinner and auger control that offers independent adjustment of the spread pattern and the rate of material flow. This includes a digital LED display with status monitoring, along with an auto-reverse function in the event of auger jams.
- Fast and easy spinner assembly removal in just a matter of seconds.
- Unlike competitive units, no need to unbolt the assembly or remove the entire spreader from the truck bed before being able to tow.
- Keeps service vehicle useful for other functions, and simplifies off-season spreader storage.
- Dual variable-speed digital control allows independent adjustment of spread pattern and material flow, and features auto reverse.
- Quick-connect spinner drive assembly provides easy hitch access.
- Direct drive transmission transfers power to the auger efficiently and effectively.
- The high volume transmission features a gear ratio of 40:1, allowing the unit to spread 295 to 680 pounds of material per minute.
- Attached vibrator reduces material clumping for continuous material flow.
- Patented vibrating baffle configuration maximizes material flow.
- A tarp fitted to the spreader’s dimensions protects material from outside weather elements.
- Auxiliary LED brake light and work light offer better equipment visibility in dark or snowy conditions.
- Users can choose to have the spreaders equipped with an optional pre-wet liquid tank system.
- The hydraulic-powered SP-8500H is also available as an alternative to the electric powered units.