The ergonomic operator’s cabin on the Z17 GEN: 2 provides excellent visibility and easy entry and exit.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z17 GEN: 2 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z17 GEN: 2 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
|Width – Extended/Retracted (mm)||3’1″ (950) to 4’2″ (1280)|
The Z17 GEN: 2 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar Tier IV diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
|Model||3TNV70-XBV Tier IV|
|Displacement (L)||60.6 cu.in. (0.993)|
|Net Power (kW) @ rpm||14.5 hp (10.1) @ 2400|
|Fuel Tank (L)||5.3 gal. (20)|
|Fuel Consumption (L/hr)||0.53 gal./hr. (2)|
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z17 GEN: 2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
|Pumps||2 variable, 2 gear|
|Total Flow Rate (L/min)||13.6 gpm (51.3)|
|Working Pressure (bar)||2,987 psi (206)|
|Swing System Pressure (bar)||2,103 psi (145)|
|Hydraulic Tank (L)||6.6 gal. (25)|
- The large, rear hood opens easily to expose the engine oil, air cleaner and water supply to the cooling water sub-tank.
- The removable left-hand side cover grants access to the hydraulic system and return filter cartridge.
- The removable right-hand side cover allows access to the fuel tank and radiator.
- The access panel in front of the driver’s seat easily opens to reveal the battery, starter motor and fuse panel.